Technical Services Coordinator
Job Title: Technical Services Coordinator
Department/Group: Service Group
Location: Mount Vernon
Level/Salary Range: Starting $45k
Reports To: Service Manager
Will Train Applicant(s): Some
Job Category: Internal Department
External Relationships: Clients and Vendors
Travel Required: Yes
Position Type: Full-Time
Date posted: 7/1/16
Posting Expires: 7/16/16
The Service Coordinator is responsible for coordination of Technicians and Service Delivery Team.
To ensure that end users (Clients) are receiving appropriate assistance and issue resolution through coordination of all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents by monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions. Working with the Service Manager in planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service desk according to best practices ensuring high levels of customer service quality and satisfaction. Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions. The secondary mission is to provide Level II Technical Assistance to clients and solutions development and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor phone / email / monitoring service boards to create issue tickets with accurate information.
- Focus on making every work hour a profitable hour for the company.
- Follow all company standards and procedures as currently documented and create new procedures where needed.
- Coordinate schedules and ensure all technicians enter all work and activities in real-time and update their ticket statuses and time entries in ConnectWise.
- Provide an excellent example of customer service on all levels for the company.
- Work Level II service requests as assigned according to the company workflow procedures.
- Review tech time cards to ensure they are being kept up to date in real time.
- Review and manage the Service Request backlog as needed to ensure all SR’s are correctly prioritized, scheduled and moved through the system.
- Check with each technician at the end of the day and note all issues requiring priority attention.
- Morning technical review and update technicians schedules with any changes.
- Escalate service desk issues to the Service Manager as required.
- Communicate escalated issues to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of CORBAN IT’s service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers that further enhance CORBAN IT’s positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance.
- Service delivery producing 90% customer satisfaction rating
- Monitor phone / email / service boards creating accurate service requests for clients within 10-15 minutes.
- Coordinate service requests with technicians to deliver 90% service delivery sla within 1 hour
- Daily review with Technicians to note all issues requiring priority attention.
- Improve Service delivery workflows to improve customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers that further enhance Corban IT’s positive reputation.
- Ensure all Technicians enter all work as activities, service tickets or project tickets and update their statuses and time entries into ConnectWise in real time.
- Review time entries and tickets to confirm correct entry and require action for unsatisfactory entries.
- Increase sales opportunities for existing customers.
- Develop in depth knowledge of Corban IT service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs and make recommendations.
- Level II technical issues resolution
- As required provide level II technical support and assist infrastructure solutions design and implementation.
Prospective Time Allocation:
85% Coordinating the quality of the service delivery, organizing and managing the utilization of the service/technical staff, providing technical assistance to customers and organizing service staff efforts to meet committed SLA’s
10% mplementing & managing policies and procedures
5% Evaluating tools and their uses within the service department
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Ethics - Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Uphold organizational values.
- Communications - Express thoughts clearly in written form; Articulate verbal thoughts understandably; Demonstrate active listening skills; Comprehend information heard; Use appropriate communication methods; Keep others informed.
- Conflict Resolution - Maintain calm under pressure; Encourage respectful dialogue; Confront difficult situations without bias; Act within realistic timeframe for resolution; Resolve conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency - Follow through as promised; Confirm people know each other's expectations; arrive to and complete meetings on time; Meet with direct reports in-person or by phone regularly; Change decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness - Save money without lowering quality of service; Perform within approved budget; Conserve CORBAN IT's and customer's resources; Develop profitable new revenue streams; Identify new ways to lower costs.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Manage multiple commitments and/or projects; Plan and utilize time efficiently; Respond to changing customer needs; Resolve conflicts to deliver on schedule; Complete work in order of customer priorities.
- Problem Solving - Identify problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Resolve problems in early stages; Work well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Contribute to a positive team effort; Balance team and individual responsibilities; Listen attentively and openly to others' views; Give and sincerely accept feedback; Help the team stay focused on key objectives;
Resolve team conflict before it escalates; Place the team's success above own interests.
- Troubleshooting - Anticipate problems; Demonstrate critical thinking skills
Communicate with customers as promised; Ensure the service department uses diagnostic tools efficiently and effectively to identify, test and implement logical solutions; Follow CORBAN IT’s troubleshooting procedures.
- Manage Service Escalation – Ensure that the company escalation policy is enforced consistently.
- Knowledge Advancement & Learning - Attend required training sessions on a regular basis; Strive to learn new products and technologies on his/her own time; Identify and help/teach other technicians when needed; Accept and implement new technology concepts and methods according to company standards and approval processes; Question and Resolve inconsistencies in work according to company standard operating procedures; Achieve training as required under CORBAN IT’s training policy.
Skills & Qualifications:
Strategy & Planning
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Plan and conduct performance appraisals of Service Desk staff.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies; oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues.
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff.
- Purchasing and deployment tasks.
- Provides departmental leadership by taking on and developing a leadership mindset. Demonstrates an ability to lead, train, coach, and mentor the technical support staff
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via telephone, service boards and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Attend training seminars, conferences and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future Service Desk issues and technologies.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability
- Some travel may be required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Not to exceed 70 pounds.
Licenses & Registrations
- Valid driver's license
- Proof of automobile insurance required
- Reliable and suitable transportation that can be used as required to perform job duties, such as a car, SUV, pickup, or minivan. Motorcycles are not acceptable.
Values Qualifications (not required)
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
- Experience working for a managed services organization
- Technical Certifications
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Local travel is required
Intent & Functions of Job Descriptions:
Job descriptions assist our company in making certain our hiring process is fairly administered and qualified employees are selected. We view job descriptions as essential to our performance appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-written and maintained job descriptions are also an integral part of our compensation system.
All job descriptions are reviewed to ensure only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards necessary to successfully perform the job whereas peripheral activities that are only incidentally related to the job have been excluded. In no instance should the requirement, skills, and abilities be interpreted as all-inclusive. Supervisors may assign additional appropriate activities and requirements.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Our company is an at-will employer. At any time, employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.